This past week, the Ecuador offer was unclear, so let’s stick to the facts:
- As a result of the cold weather, shrimp growth is not high and a lot of shrimp are molting
- There is a low harvest quantity
- The protest continues, so several roads are blocked
- Around 2000 containers were exported from Ecuador to China in May
- Demand in the USA is not strong
- The farm gate price starts to rise after hitting the button
- A decrease in raw material prices
- Because the USA is not buying large quantities, there are more large sizes available
- India has begun sending large volumes to China, mainly by large packers
- The importers resume their purchases
- This year, the volume of local shrimp harvest is limited
- Local prices in the domestic market increased slightly
The big question is what will happen to the prices when Ecuador has a large harvest next week?
There are a lot of rumors about the price levels, but we are not sure what the trend is.
The farm gate price will remain the same or increase, but the selling price is the big question.